Middle Weight Web Developer - Job Spec
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire
We are seeking a Creative Web Developer with at least 2 years’ experience to join our established creative and development agency, working at part of our growing development team to help develop and deliver, efficient, effective, beautiful, well-structured websites and systems for our wide range of clients and sectors. The ideal candidate for this position will be an enthusiastic, passionate developer with a clear understanding of bespoke content management system integration such as WordPress; ideally with plugin development experience and the ability to develop bespoke modular based systems, primarily in Laravel with efficient, well-structured code.
You will also need to be a team player and have the ability to work well with other Developers and Designers to help drive the team in new directions; bringing new ideas and technologies, as well as being able to work independently, proactively and aid designers in technical limitations as well as accurately provide realistic timing to development project to aid in project scoping and pricing.
The key responsibilities will be developing and maintaining client websites and systems also aiding in the company server and domain management, system testing and troubleshooting, working to develop websites or systems to client specifications and budgets.
- 20 days holiday + Christmas period closure.
- Waterfront marina views.
- 10 minute riverside walk to town centre.
- Perkbox (including many perks such as free hot drinks, discounts, and more).
- Westfield Health.
Key Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Building fully responsive web sites across all major browsers, platforms and devices.
- Backend development experience using PHP, Mysql as well as experience in building bespoke WordPress websites and plugins (Not just templates)
- Work within the team to create, clean, efficient and reusable code.
- Development and maintain responsive web applications for all major browsers, platforms and devices.
- Keen eye for design.
- Troubleshooting technical software or website issues.
- Forward thinking and approaching projects with future development in mind.
- A passion for technology and a desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- Ability to be given a design and turn it in to a fully functional website or system.
- Be proactive at learning and bringing new ideas to the team.
- Work parallel other developers across a variety of projects.
- Building HTML Email Templates.
- Giving accurate timings to projects.
Understanding or knowledge of:
- Laravel, React, VUE or similar frameworks.
- Command line.
- System Testing.
- API development.
- Bespoke system builds.
- Adobe Creative Suite (XD in particular).
- Server Setup, Management and DNS.
- Ability to talk to clients and answer technical question efficiently.
Salary: Dependant on experience
If this is the job for you then we would love to hear from you. Simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job role in the subject.